Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

I am planning to purchase a tree for my yard. I live in Ohio.

Customer Question

I am planning to purchase a tree for my yard. I live in Ohio. I prefer a maple as they are my favorite trees and am considering an Autumn Blaze. I need something relatively quick growing as the area needs to be shaded. Your recommendations?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.
If you want a fast growing maple with top performing fall color, go with October Glory or one of the RED maples.
Autumn Blaze is not RED maple, it is a hybrid between SILVER and RED and it's really not a very good tree IMO aside from the fall color. It also doesn't grow very quickly at all. Medium growth rthey at best.
Just wanting to double check that you received my answer. If it was what you were needing, please click the "Accept" button so I am compensated. If you still need assistance, let me know. Also, if you are happy, do not forget to leave me positive feedback and I will do the same for you!

All the best and have a great weekend....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you give me more detail. What about adding sand?