Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have an old brinks combination only safe, model number 5057

I have an old brinks combination only safe, model number 5057 with nothing in it - but I don't have the combination just the back cover of the box. I may have opened it several times during the time I had purchased it.
Its been some 15 years I had it in the basement. How can I get the combination or open the safe - I really do not want to throw it away.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Honeywell now owns Brinks and Brinks Fire Safe Model number 5059 is now called Honeywell Model 2054.

The owner's manual for your safe is located at:

As you can see from the manual (page 2), the preset combination was provided in your safe's original manual, which I'm assuming you don't have. If you have not changed the preset combination, you should be able to open the safe with information from the company. Your best alternative at this time, would be to contact the Honeywell, at 1-800-223-8566, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. You can ask how to go about opening the safe if you have a lost combination and they may be able to provide it for you if you supply the model number and serial number. You might have to prove ownership of the safe with a notarized letter or other information, which they will tell you.

You can also e-mail them at: [email protected]

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to obtain or change your combination without too much difficulty!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a Brinks Model 5057 keyless combination only not a 5059.

The information you provided some I aready knew.

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

My sincerest apologies; I misread the model number of your safe. Embarassed

In any case, you will still need to contact the company at the phone number and/or email provided, because that is the only way to find out the combination and/or find out if it can be reset.

Best regards,