Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

Under which of the following conditions would the most collisions

Under which of the following conditions would the most collisions occur? (Points : 6)
When the number of particles is set at 1 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 25 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 50 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 99 for both the red and blue sides

6. Under which of the following conditions would result in the highest internal pressure in the chambers? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 999 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 1 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 999 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 25 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 999 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 50 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 999 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 99 for both the red and blue sides

7. How does lowering the temperature of the chambers in the simulation change the speed at which the molecules move? (Points : 6)
The balls move slower
The balls move faster
There is no change in the speed of the balls
It causes the balls to increase in size

8. Under which of the following conditions would the balls reach equilibrium (mix), most quickly? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 10 K for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 10 K for the red side and 5000 K for the blue side
When the temperature is set at 9990 K for both the red and blue sides

9. Under which of the following conditions would the balls move the slowest? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 2500 K for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both the red and blue sides

10. Which of the following examples would contain the fastest moving particles? (Points : 6)
A pot of Boiling water
A dish of ice cream
A popsicle
A cup of coffee

11. It takes much longer for 40,000 gallons of water in a stream to move down a hill when it is frozen in the middle of the winter than it does as a liquid in the middle of summer. Why does it take more time for the water to move when it is frozen? (Points : 6)
The molecules in the water move more quickly when they are frozen in the winter
The molecules in the water move at the same rate in the summer as they do in the winter
The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are frozen in the winter
The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are a fluid in the summer.

12. Under which of the following temperatures would a spoonful of honey dissolve at the slowest rate in a cup of tea? (Points : 6)
When the tea is at 450 F
When the tea is at 750 F
When the tea is at 1000 F
When the tea is at 2000 F

13. When making a cup of hot cocoa, the instructions indicate that you should heat the milk before adding the chocolate powder. Based on what you’ve learned in the molecules lab, why are you instructed to heat the milk? (Points : 6)
Increasing the temperature makes the milk taste better
Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more slowly which encourages mixing
Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more quickly which encourages mixing
Increasing the temperature does not change the behavior of the molecules in the milk in any way

14. If you opened up a container of very stinky Limburger cheese on a windless day at one end of a large outdoor parking lot with a group of shoppers 50 feet away, at what air temperature would you be able to eat your snack the longest without offending the shoppers with its smell? (Points : 6)
When the air temperature is at 00 F
When the air temperature is at 300 F
When the air temperature is at 600 F
When the air temperature is at 900 F

15. There is an outdoor smoking area, near a bus stop, that is used by the same people every day at lunch time. Will the smoke from the cigarettes be more noticeable to the people waiting for the bus on a windless day in the middle of summer OR on a windless day in the middle of winter? (Points : 6)
The cooler temperatures in winter make the molecules larger so it takes less time for the smoke to reach you
There will be no difference – people will smell the smoke at the same time regardless of the season
The warmer temperatures in summer make the molecules more active and move more quickly so i
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

You did not included a picture or a depiction of what is the red and blue side but i will see what i can do.

Under which of the following conditions would the most collisions occur (you did not gave a question number for that one)?
-----------
6
-----------
7
If the balls in the simulation are the representation of the molecules in the question, then:
The balls move slower
-----------
8 (as i don't have the simulation i can't say for sure)
You can remove the possibility of the 2 first choices
I would say "When the temperature is set at 9990 K for both the red and blue sides" unless gravity/evaporation is taken into account in that simulation.
-----------
9
-----------
10
A pot of Boiling water
-----------
11
-----------
12
When the tea is at 450 F
-----------
13
-----------
14
When the air temperature is at 00 F
-----------
15
The warmer temperatures in summer make the molecules more active and move more quickly so i (You did not pasted all the phrase but i think it should be that one, unless there is 4 like all other question as there is only 3 choices that you pasted).
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting