P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
Type Your Question Here...

Im have a question me and my husband we not togeter for thirteen

Im have a question me and my husband we not togeter for thirteen years and I don,t know where he live can I apply for divorce by myself because i want to get a new marry
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You will need a lawyer to help you if you can not find him. IF you can not track him down, you go from a non contested divorce to a contested divorce...that makes the case much more complex.

Consider having a private investigator track him down...if you can find him and he will agree to the terms of the marriage it is something you can do on your own (no need for a lawyer)