A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I am applying to a job that lists supplemental questions

I am applying to a job that lists "supplemental questions" at the end of the job description. Where should I provide the answers to these? How do I understand them asking me about my salary? Will this be a big part of my application?
Supplemental Questions

Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).

* Have you worked with students at a college or university?
* Describe any work experience relevant to this posting.
(Open Ended Question)

* What is your minimum required salary for your next position?
$35,000 or less
$36,000 - $40,000
$41,000 - $45,000
$46,000 - $50,000
$51,000 - $55,000
$56,000 - $60,000
$61,000 +
Optional & Required Documents

Required Documents
Cover Letter

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The first question just requires a yes/no answer. They aren't asking you for your previous salary. They are asking you what salary you think is reasonable for the job you are applying for. The open-ended question simply asks you to describe any similar position you have held in the pst.

You can attach an additional page to your cover letter and resume/CV, or answer on the supplemental page question. As an example, if you are applying for a job as a first grade teacher, you can mention that you volunteered with Brownie scouts, or helped with your church's nursery, or worked as a teacher's aide. Any job where you actually were paid is even better.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like you are saying that I should answer these questions on a separate page and attach it to my CV or resume.

What I meant by the the salary questions:
-Is it better to ask for more or less?
-Will jobs be taking into consideration the amount that I ask for?
-If this is the case, is it best to ask for a lower amount?

The rest of the questions I understand just fine. It sounds like you are saying I have to repeat what I say in my cover letter for the questions about my similar experience? Thanks.

1. It's best to ask for what the job is worth in your area. You can check for a range of salaries based on location.

2. They will consider your requested salary in conjunction with your education and experience and within the salary range that they have already decided upon. If their range is $35,000-56,000 for a teaching position, they aren't going to pay a second-year teacher $50,000.

3. There are $5K ranges in the salaries they listed, so you have some leeway.

Actually, you don't have to repeat it, you can just say "see resume."