Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Sub vet, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley mechanic, father of 4 beautiful girls, educated in electronics and nuclear technology.
Type Your Question Here...

I just bought a Casio Ptahfinder watch and have removed some

I just bought a Casio Ptahfinder watch and have removed some of the links from the titanium band. I pushed the pins out in the direction of the arrows. They came out very easily and now slip partially out during the day. 1) In which direction are the pins supposed to go in, the same direction as the arrow or the opposite? 2) how can I ncrease the friction so the pins remain in place?
Category: General
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

the friction pins go back in against the arrow.

ensure the small end goes in first with the fatter part going in last.

I don't know that there is anything that can be done to increase the friction once they loosen up.

your best bet is to visit a jeweler for new friction pins.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the help. The pins seem to be constant diameter throughout. I removed them and inserted them against the arrow but the friction just isn't there (and the watch is brand new). I might try roughening the end or a tiny amount amount of Loctite. What do you think?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

there should be a very small difference in the diameter.

I would try new frictions pins on my new watch, before I would try loctite......

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I measured one of the Casio pins. It's .89 mm at each end. I've ordered some new .9 mm pins. Hopefully that will make the difference. Thanks for your advice.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Glad I could help.

Please accept my answer.