Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

My reservation # XXXXX XXXXX I am flying to Seattle on Saturday,

My reservation # XXXXX XXXXX I am flying to Seattle on Saturday, August 27. Currently I am scheduled to fly to Charlotte, NC from Philadelphia, PA and then from Charlotte, NC to Seattle, WA. Is there a way to change flights to fly direct from Philadelphia to Seattle without flying into the hurricane in NC?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Is there any particular time of day or night you would like to fly, on Saturday?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Early in the morning is best for me.
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

What airline are you flying and what is your flight number leaving Philadelphia on Saturday?

When are you returning from Seattle?

Please allow me a short while to check out flights for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

US Airways

Outbound:

Depart Philadelphia on Flight1593 at 0630 to Charlotte, arriving at 0807

Depart Charlotte on Flight 1539 at 0940 to Seattle, arriving at 1215

Return:

Depart Seattle on Flight 51 at 0820 to Phoenix, arriving at 1109

Depart Phoenix on Flight 1194 at 1205 to Philadelphia, arriving at 1934

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Thanks for that info. What date are you returning from Seattle?

Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
September 8, 2011
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tremendously!

Please give me a little time to search again. Do you want to stay with US Airways or the airline doesn't matter as long as it's non-stop to Seattle? Direct flights are more expensive than those with stopovers; is it okay to make one stopover other than in Charlotte or any other cities in the path of the hurricane?

Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Other airlines are OK but my ticket is a non-refundable with US Airways, which is the crux of the problem. In the past I have flown Delta with a stopover in Cincinnati. I was trying to contact US Airways to see about changing my flight to avoid Charlotte, NC as the timing is bad and I am certain that there will be a delay there due to the severe weather. Hurricane Irene does not arrive in Philadelphia until after Saturday morning so my goal was to get out of Philadelphia and some place west (Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc) before the storm starts backing up flights all along the eastern seaboard.
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Understood........I'm checking for you now and I thank you for you patience.....

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

The following flights are available on Sat. Aug. 27th from PHL to SEA from US Airways. The first two are non-stop (no price is given but I will look that up). The others have stopovers, but the stop in Chicago would be a good one for you, under the circumstances.
I need to send it as a file, as it contains a lot of information. Just click on the link I provide, then click on 'download file from mediafire' to open it. CLICK HERE

I'm still researching this, for more details.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Here is more specific information from US Airways on non-stop flights to Seattle; you might want to keep your return flight with the one stop, if it is less expensive; under the circumstances, with the severe weather, they should make exceptions on the non-refundable ticket and allow you to change your outbound flight.

http://shopping.usairways.com/Flights/BuildItinerary.aspx

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Did you see the phone number listed at the last link I provided, if you need help? 800-327-7810. I don't know if this is the number you called previously, but as you can imagine, due to the hurricane, so many people are trying to change reservations. This website: 'gethuman.com' helps you with tips to get a person more quickly by hitting certain numbers, etc. and might be helpful. I put in US Airways for you: http://gethuman.com/US_Airways-customer-service_825.html

Regards,
Cher