A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Sorry I got a Toyoto Pro...Screen wouldnt let me type... I

Sorry I got a Toyoto Pro...Screen wouldn't let me type... I didn't see a gardening/plant category. That is the main reason I joined. Where is the category for pruning, transplanting and plants in general?
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Right now, gardening/landscaping questions of all kinds are handled in the General category.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to know when to move mature (15 years old) asparagus plants.

There really is no good time to move older plants. The roots are deep and convoluted, and you usually damage the plants so thoroughly in moving them that they never bear well again. If you decide to do it anyway, the best time is early Spring in your area, just after the last frost date. You would move them into a carefully prepared bed, just as if you were starting over from scratch.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since asparagus propagates like Cannas, I'm surprised that you say they have deep root systems...I didn't realize that..Dig Deep !! You did mean "older asparagus plants" didn't you or just plants in general.
I meant much older asparagus plants. It just doesn't move well after a year or two. I hope you will have good luck with it, but generally people do not with those "senior adult" plants.