Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How much should I expect to pay hourly for an experienced video

Customer Question

How much should I expect to pay hourly for an experienced video editor?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to Just Answer.

If you can provide a little more information, I will be able to send you the most complete answer.

What are you looking to have edited? A professional tape for a business/company, an actor, a commercial film, etc., or home videos?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Cher,

This is an educational video for pre-med students. It was filmed many years ago and we want to clean the image, add titlting, the project is 16.9 and we would like to make it 1080, re-editing the tapes, creating and then applying new format, personalizing the new format to every video segment (i.e the tet in the titles), adding new intermittent video clips or animation or stills throughout.

It is a big project with about 16 tapes.

Thanks

·

·

·

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with additional information.

From the research I've done, it appears that the average going rate could be about $50-$75 (US) an hour; however, because this is a big project which requires specialized work in several areas, the price may be higher. Some editors will charge a flat rate for the job, after they know what needs to be done. Also, because there are 16 tapes, discussing a flat rate may be more economical for you. It would be a good idea to call some video editors in your local area, explain your project, and get an estimate before deciding who you would like to work with.

I wish you the best of luck with your project and hope it turns out well!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist