Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

How do I find who is paying the best scrap metal prices for

How do I find who is paying the best scrap metal prices for my area? My father has some old farm equiptment to get rid of and is looking into scraping it.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

The best way to deal with selling scrap metal is to make some calls. Many people will drive for over an hour to get to a dealer who pays well. The big issue is to figure what it would cost in gasoline to get to where they pay a few cents more a pound rather than going local and getting a few cents less, but that would be the cost in gasoline. This link goes over selling scrap metal and on the right side has some other links about how to sell and pricing: I hope this helps you getting the best amount for your scrap metal. Joan