TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

What can I do with a car that I had got swapped into from having

What can I do with a car that I had got swapped into from having a honda civic with a cracked frame.

I was traded into a 2007 Wulfsburg edition Jetta and was told to get it inspected and then the paperwork would be ready. I do not have a bill of sale or any sort of paperwork on this vehicle.

I have dealers plates on the car. I have had this vehicle in my posession since sep 2010.

The dealership is being indicted on tax evasion charges over the years. I got the car in NJ.

No one can seem to help me without paperwork..??

TaxTom :

Hello, did you finance this vehicle?

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

No I am not financed with this vehicle.

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :
TaxTom :

Does the dealership still sell cars and what do they say when you ask for a title?

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

The dealership is no longer in business.

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

Hello are u there??

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

This is taking to long for a response.

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

Hello Mr. Tax Tom are u able to help me with my problem..??

TaxTom :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

okay. What can I do..??

TaxTom :

Okay with out any paperwork I can find only a couple of options, one you can sue to get a title but that doesn't sound like the dealership will repond

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

do u have any other options..??

TaxTom :

The second option is to aplly for an abandoned title and I have to procedure down below, If they have a lien on the title then you may still have a problem

TaxTom :

How to obtain to title an abandoned vehicle
If you want to claim ownership and title an abandoned vehicle, you must request an application packet from the Special Title Section at an MVC Agency. You must state whether the vehicle was found on public or private property.

In order to operate an abandoned vehicle on New Jersey roads, it must first pass a state inspection process.

If you own a repair facility and a vehicle was abandoned on your property, you may have it removed and stored or you may sell it at a public or private sale.

For more information or to request an information packet, contact:

NJMVC Special Title Section
P.O. Box 017
Trenton, New Jersey 08666-0017
(609) 292-6500 ext. 5069

JACUSTOMER-xgh6r213- :

I have already talked with them. They said without paperwork they cannot help me.

TaxTom :

Actually since it abandended on your property you can apply for the title that way. You can check and see if there is a lien on the title by filing out this form and paying $15 http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Vehicles/DO-22.pdf. If there is not a lien you can put a lien on the car and foreclose on the lien and obtain ownership

TaxTom :

The title search would be the best place to start

TaxTom :

If there is a lien you may approach whoever has then lien and see if they will release the vehicle in return for you paying off part of the lien