TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Why does my package go from Bethpage NY on 8/02 to Denver on

Why does my package go from Bethpage NY on 8/02 to Denver on 8/04 then back toJersey Cityon 8/07. This package was first put in the system on 6/28, I was in Afghanistan then came home before the package made it over so we tried getting it back to Douglas, WY.
Hello, Can you please give me the tracking number? Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

03070020000054493159

Now it is back in Denver

Hello, Normally since it was not delivered to the original address it will go back to either the origianl sender or since it is military it could go back to your base. The trip to New Jersey doesn't make sense unless your base is on the east coast. It is almost impossible to redirect a USPS package so it should arrive back the original destination normally, your special exception is it is a military package. Were you based on the east coast?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Afghanistan

Your home base

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The package was initially sent to AF in June. I left the APO Fenty before the package arrived and we tried to recall the package as I was coming back to the states.

My home base is in Douglas WY as I am acivilian contractor.

In that case it will be returned to your home base or back to the sending address. Since it has been over 30 days you can put an insurance claim against the lost package.