Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Aloha! Late last night Chris emailed me, a nice surprise.

Aloha! Late last night Chris emailed me, a nice surprise. His energy seemed more relaxed it was short, cute, funny. He was responding to my email that "Kelley Slater" won the US open surf competition..(Chris has always referred to him as my BF) I said my BF did it again! His response was, "well you have good taste.." I typed no actually it was Kelly that had the good taste!" Anyway, we had a little fun. (i cant belive i'm giving you the play by play LOL) SO HERES THE (?) What were his thoughts when he finally got around to emailing me and did he laugh at my response? Is he itching to get home? I feel like he's missing me suddenly. What does your intuition tell you..it's hard for me to read cit clearly i'm too close to it, also hearing what you say actually helps me to sharpen my skills..not many people to bounce my skillls ofo of on a daily basis.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Aloha!

SO glad Chris emailed you! Very good that it was relaxed and funny, referring to things you've shared, i.e. Kelley Slater being your BF! lol

He did laugh at your response (he actually laughed out loud!), because it was funny and just reflected YOU; sarcastic, 'modest', just in your 'great sense of humor, fooling around' way. He likes that about you.....He's been thinking about you, that's why he wrote, and yes, I sense he's missing you. He loves this easy 'banter' the two of you have.....it makes him feel good and helps him relax.

I do think he's anxious to get home and it's going to be soon.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, I think he respects me as a mother and i think he sees me as a woman of strength. I picked up and moved here, left my house totally intact and moved to an island. All that after I discovered my husband of 27 years had been cheating on me. I discovered that small ditty right before a surf trip to Costa Rica with my whole family and 2 of their college friends. I insisted my husband go (i was going to try to save the marriage) We all went..one day into the trip my husband got thrown onto a rock in 14 foot waves and was nearly killed. It took me a month to get him out of Costa Rica. I now was a combo of Danielle Steel and Nancy Drew. I flew to hawaii,(i knew the island would give me answers)in 2 days i deconstructed my marriage and made the decision to file for divorce. Chris enters at this juncture. I told him I would be back in June and my divorce would be final. I got it all done and ahead of schedule. I started writing 2 books in the midst of my divorce and tried to conduct myself from a place of gratitude. ANYWAY, Chris knows all of this for the most part. I think he sees that I might be of some help to his daughter who suffered in Chris' divorce (the mom was addicted to prescription pain pills..etc.,) Chris ended up being the both mother and father. What does he think about all of that my move my strength my mothering? etc.,
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with me! You are certainly a woman of strength and you have my greatest admiration!

Did this all just happen this past June, 2011? How did Chris enter your life?

I think he is amazed at how strong you are, to have made that move in the face of adversity, to start your life over on the island, and your mothering skills are unmatched. You could definitely be of help to his daughter, since the divorce was so hard on her. If he had to be both mother and father to his kids, that's what makes HIM so special, too. It takes a rare kind of man who can be both mother and father to his children and he has also experienced his share of adversity; this is one of the things that is pulling you together.

I can't even imagine how difficult it was to get your husband out of Costa Rica. Your strength was tested, and you passed with flying colors! Danielle Steele and Nancy Drew, indeed!! : )

I need to sign offline for a while, so if you reply while I'm gone, I will reply as soon as I'm back.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Aloha, yes i'm going to the beach!

Our family for many years rented one of Chris' rentals in Po'ipu, Kaua'i on the south side. He became a friend, surfed with my kids, knew my ex. Since I arranged all of our family vacations it would be Chris who I would email as plans took shape. When I first met him, I thought what a nice guy! then one year he told us that he and pattie had gotten divorced..in my head i remember saying..'bummer"..he told me years later that he actually heard me think that! The telepathic connection was there early on. It was 3 years ago that i stayed in one of chris' cottages..(it was on his property) we spent many hours talking about life in general. I had decided to move to Kaua'i, Chris had a girlfriend at the time (at least that's what he told me) I was simply his friend who was going thru a divorce. But then he revealed (actually he blurted)out of context and catching me off guard that..since the very first time he met me he couldn't stop thinking about me etc., etc., but that I had no provenance to the island (which now I understand) This all happened, 2009. I've known Chris for about 10 years now. He knows my children. I NOW have provenance on the island. I've survived (it's still primitive in ways here) the island either accepts you or rejects you. There's much unseen energy and magic every day. Very synchronistic. Like when Chris revealed how he felt about me, I knew then that my path had been created to write my books, and become entwined with the man that I had already shared many past lives with. As fragile as I was when I came to sort things out, I knew that I had been taken care of by a suite of angels and that I was not alone. All of that gave me the strength to go back to the mainland and end my marriage. I left the island to go do just that and Chris and I said our goodbyes. We kept in close contact via email and occasional phone convos when he would call. It's been nearly 3 years since I woke up in my sci-fi movie that once had been a happy family..(except that my husband had been having other ideas) and here I am! I do believe that chris sees our coming together as quite momentous given our history. Does this thought ever occur to him..like man, "this must be destiny" (he avoided looking at it like that for a long time, but now I think he actually gets it) Does he "get" what this all means..our finally coming together after surviving the twin flame thing of many many obstacles?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
All I can say is WOW!

I can fully understand why you're writing your novel. These are the things that books are made of! I agree that Chris believes your coming together is quite momentous, considering all the history you share. He 'tried' to avoid viewing it in that way for a while, but now it's obvious that it must be your destiny. Destiny for the two of you. You definitely share a twinflame connection and the obstacles you have each had to carry as a burden, overcome, and shared with each others' lives all these years, have strengthened your connection.

The energy and magic of the island is very intriguing to me. Sounds similar to "Lost", the tv show, which I loved. And it was filmed in Hawaii. I think you told me Chris has lived on the island since he was very young, so that's why he felt you didn't have provenance, but you have proved him wrong in so many ways, about that! He has to respect and admire you for that, and I'm sure he does.

He's pretty much in disbelief about the 'destiny' aspect, but he knows it's true and he does feel it; the problem IS, he doesn't 'want' to believe it and tries to talk himself out of it, but he's usually unsuccessful (just a 'man' thing)! If two people were ever meant to be......wow! I'm just in awe. : )

Let me know if he writes again later.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, I think he is in a good space so if I send him a quick one he might welcome it. Tell me why you are in awe..? I mean I feel a little weird going on and on about the details of this, It seems so self-serving. I don't know why i'm so intrigued by this. so this is interesting, when I left Chris' cottage so long ago (the one that I had been staying in when i came over to sort things out) i had a week there and then another week at a hotel. I got into my car said good-bye to his horse who was wearing a lei. Chris said good-bye to me and that I would be stronger for what I was getting ready to go thru. As i drove away, I started to shake. Uncontrollably. I kept driving to my other destination and marveled at the extreme energy that was at play. When i got back to the mainland it felt like a giant magnet was pulling me back to the island. It was all I could do to concentrate on the task at hand. But..the energy helped to keep me focused so that i could complete a part of my path. I started to see what i was going thru as my path and i began to study it. what it all meant etc., i wanted to remember it all. So then i come over again to find my house to rent..Chris knows I'm comeing and he goes to washington for 3 weeks. I didn't get to see him. When i actually moved here, it took me about a month before he came to my house. It was like he was freaking out. It was always amazing when we are together and it just freaked him out..but here we are now and i think he has calmed down. so now that i've bored you to tears, what do you think? Oh! and how do you know he's coming home soon? what tipped you off?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

I'm in awe of all that you both (you and Chris) went through and how you ended up living on the Island. Believe me, you are definitely not boring me! : ) I'm enjoying hearing the details of your story. THAT'S why I thought Chris would be away in Washington for 3 weeks--you had mentioned it before, like you did here, re: when you came back to find your house to rent.

He freaked out when he learned you were coming to the island to live, because after you had shared so much, he probably thought you'd just be in and out of his life, living elsewhere, keeping in touch. When he found out you were living there permanently, I think he was afraid of his feelings, since he felt strongly about you. Some men react this way.....but as you said, now he's calmed down and I don't think he'll be running away so much, anymore.

You said he writes more frequently when he's about to come home, so now that he's written last night, he may be tying up those loose ends and preparing to return. That's my feeling.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he's continuing to email me. Is he having fun. He's being rather funny. Is he leaving tomorrow? I feel like he's relaxing. Has he noticed that he's not wanting to flee or run a way?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

I'm so glad to hear he's been continuing to email you! I think he IS having fun and is in a good mood and more relaxed now. He enjoys speaking with you and you have that effect on him, of being fun, funny, helping him to relax. Yes, I don't think he's consciously thinking of it, but I do think he feels less of an urge to flee. He might be leaving tomorrow, but Friday or the weekend could also be a possibility.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So interesting the sudden change. He's continuing to email me as I type this. I think for the most part he likes my sense of humor, is he in conversation with anyone lately about what's going on with me, that i may be back in the picture..? I feel like he has to talk to someone and who would it be? Does he confide in anone?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

Yes, this is an interesting and welcome change! : ) I'm so glad he's emailing more often! I don't sense that he would necessarily confide in anyone about his feelings for you or talk about you in general, but if he should, it would most likely be a close male friend.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK...FOCUS. He just emailed me said he will be near my house, late afternoon if I want to chat...how can that be? Is he flying the red eye tonight?..Does this preclude our lunch? what is he doing? what's this about? Help! this is so out of the blue and without warning. Need a game plan.. i'm kinda not up for it..ugh! Tell me what his motivation is..
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Is it possible that your 'tracking device' is off and he is home? Or, he COULD be taking the red eye tonight........

I don't think it's related to the lunch; the lunch is separate. I certainly hope he doesn't think this is INSTEAD of the lunch! I don't like 'surprises' either......You can tell him late afternoon is not good for you; you'll be out, but the evening or following afternoon is better. If you feel you might miss the opportunity completely by saying this, you will have to do whatever you need to do to be 'ready' and say, sure, late afternoon is great, what time? How about an early dinner? Do you want to do dinner with him.....you said you cook well together.......could be an opportunity.......I think his motivation is he's been thinking about you a lot, talking to you in the emails, and now he wants to see you in person.

I think you need to seize the moment......what are your thoughts?

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well..my house is a huge mess..and late afternoon translates into..a short visit.. i don't know, it's suspect..
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
OK, tell him you're glad he'll be 'near' your house and name a restaurant/cafe type place (casual) you can meet him at. Say you're doing some renovations and your house is not fit for company right now......or something like that. OR tell him you'll be near HIS place on the next day and you can drop by to 'chat', then--what's a good time for him? How's that?

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
It's really late for me and I have to sign offline......I'll stay here for 2 more minutes if you need more help.......

Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
go to bed...thanks for all! Aloha!
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I will go to bed. You're most welcome. Keep me posted tomorrow!! : ) Aloha!

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK..meeting him at 5:30 at a restaurant/bar...whats on his mind..does he want to dump me? let me down easy? Whats swirling in that head of his?
Yikes..should I be afraid?

Oh..good morning. You coulda ditched me way earlier last nite!
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Aloha!

I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for some news from you! : ) I'm so glad you updated me, now!

Great, I'm glad you got him to meet you at a restaurant/bar. The 5:30 time is good. I don't think he's been acting so happy and friendly, emailing you more, joking around, and asking to see you today, if he's going to dump you. Go there with a positive attitude and be your exuberant self, with whom he has so much fun. Don't you think he would be more 'brooding' and serious, if he wanted to meet you to give you bad news? Push the negative thoughts away and show how happy you are to see him, again.

I couldn't ditch you last night, while we were discussing something so important! : ) I'll always let you know when I have to sign off, so you don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't reply.

I'll be waiting with baited breath to find out how everything goes! Btw, did you ever find out when he actually flew home?

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But can you pick up on his energy? Can you tell what his motivations are? Is it kind of a look, see? Is he excited or anything?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

I feel his energy is high. His motivation is positive and he's excited to see you. For him, it could be a kind of look/see situation. I don't think he will be forthcoming with any revelations, but the simple fact that he asked to meet and has been so 'jokey' and relaxed in his emails, I feel, points toward something positive.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is an early morning flight from the maunland that puts you here about 2pm..as of 5:15 this morning he was still in Washington. He must be pretty motivated to want to do this today...I still don't get it. He's flying now cuz he hasnt responded to where were meeting etc, Why on earth after you've been gone, flew all day would you add driving an hour and a half from the airport to the North Shore...? Is he stressing that he may not be able to pull it off at all?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Well, yes, if he's flying now, he would be incommunicado.....It's possible he didn't think it through properly and will be tired/stressed when he lands and call or write to let you know he wants to reschedule....keep this is mind as a possibility (which I think you already have considered), so you're not disappointed if it should happen....but, if he feels strongly about seeing you, he knew what was involved re: the landing time/driving time, so I feel again, it will be a wait/see situation.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It so weird...it still appears that he is in washington..maybe my tracker is wrong..BUT I got to thinking..what if (just go with me on this) he really is still gone, wants it to appear like he is here..so he pretends like we'll get together but then oops.."meeting took longer than i expected, can we make it next week..." He then gets brownie points for his attempt ? Weird but not impossible. Look at his energy cuz i can't..
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

I see where you're going with this, and yes, it's possible. You know him better than I; do you really think he'd go to such lengths to make brownie points with you and make up the whole thing about getting together? It really would be weird if that's what he's doing. The energy I'm getting from him is that he's excited at the prospect of seeing you.

How are you tracking him? With your iPhone, computer, google latitude? What are you tracking him on--his iphone or computer? It's very possible that your tracker is 'off' or delayed and that's why he's still showing as being in Washington. Also, if he's on a plane, it could be interfering with the signal altogether.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're right. No it's called "didtheyreadit.com" i got it when i was in the middle of my divorce. It's just so you can see if theyve recieved an email, read it and then where it's coming from. Can you email from a plane?.. Do you think he just felt like he just had to see me suddenly afer all this time he's put me off..? Did he hear greg and I are done maybe and is he worried i might meet someone? I know it sounds self serving but having him be so Johhny on the spot is throwing me off!
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

I understand why you're suspicious at his sudden 'turnaround' and yes, maybe he did hear that you and Greg were finished and this intrigues him--makes him feel you ARE available now, and may meet someone new.....typically you can't email from a plane, but on some airlines, you can access the internet by buying a device to use on the plane on your laptop. Not sure of the details on that.

I will be away from the computer for a short while, if you reply.....

Regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Back......did you hear from him again?

Were you able to track him further?

Do you know his flight number or can you find it out and see if it's landing on time?

Regards,
Cher