Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Free telephone service to France from USA

I have been trying to reach a telephone number in France, using I am in a 781 area code, however, does not list it. It just lists area code 617. How can I get Freephone2phone to work?
Perhaps, it might be better to just suggest another free phone service from USA to France.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi againCustomer and thanks for requesting me.

If Freephone2phone does not list your area code and therefore an access number for your area, the following information from their FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) may help: The question is: "Freephone2phone has no access number in my area, can I still make calls?"

"Yes, if you live in the US, use Freephone2phone on your cellular phone to make free international calls using your calling plan minutes. If you don't live in the US, you cannot use Freephone2phone."

Here is a list of their FAQ's:

Other free services you might try, to call France from the USA through your computer, are:

It's too bad your area code/access number is XXXXX listed on their site. Perhaps you can try calling from a friend's or relative's home, who is in area code 617.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.
***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,