TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Cheapest flight using BA miles. I have lots of BA (British

Customer Question

Cheapest flight using BA miles. I have lots of BA (British Air) miles but I haven't flown on BA for the past couple years and I will lose them if I don't either spend some BA miles or earn some more BA miles. How can I "easily" find a flight that I can book using BA miles and costing me either no money OR the minimum amount of money including taxes, fees, etc. The BA web site doesn't make this information easy to find because it is soooo sloooow and you can only check charges for one flight at a time. Any ideas?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, How many points and are you traveling alone or with a companion?

I have over 200,000 BA miles but I want to find a flight starting from a UK airport to anywhere that I can get with points only or points and the smallest payment possible.

TaxTom :

Hello, You have enough point to fly almost anywhere, each leg of a trip if it is not direct counts as a flight so if go by the example given right above the points of India to New York going through London the total points roundtrip spent would be 88,620 points per ticket. No matter what ticket you book you must pay all the taxes and fees so the shortest distance and direct flights of course would be the lesser fees. Fees normally run 30-35% of the ticket price so a 200 pound ticket would be 60 to 70 pounds in fees. Tickets are not sorted by fee charges so it is hard to give an exact number. Thanks Tom