Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

When we find intelligent extraterrestrial life, will they also

Customer Question

When we find intelligent extraterrestrial life, will they also have to believe in Jesus? They're sinners, too.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 5 years ago.
Most Christians believe that God is THE God over all universes, not just our own. In that case, Jesus would be the Savior of any lives and would most likely have been made known to any others already. We cannot assume Christianity would be a new thing just because any ET's would be new to us. Best regards!

Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept only moves your deposit out of your Just Answer account, it does not charge you a second time. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't think you have any depth of understanding on this issue. It would be hard to make a civilization that was thousands of light-years from us aware of something on earth that happened only 2000 years ago! In fact, early modern man has been on earth from 100,000 to 75,000 years before Jesus was even born -- like extra terrestrials they would have no knowledge of Jesus and his atoning sacrifice and would be therefore unable to "believe in him." Don't you see what a problem these things create for Christians???
Expert:  Tyler replied 5 years ago.
Well yes I see a problem. But unfortunately there can be only speculation in a situation like this. There is no true understanding or knowledge of this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think you should have dug deeper and asked theologians or some knowledgeable clergy about this - some reference. For example, philosopher priests such as E.L. Mascall or Jesuit priest George Coyne have commented on this problem. I guess I kind of hoped that "an expert" would have been able to discuss and explain it to me. Maybe I expect too much out of an expert!
Expert:  Tyler replied 5 years ago.
No expert knows about this. It is unproven and any conclusion would be an assumption. It's obvious you aren't going to be satisfied so ill opt out.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.

All the church of earth will for sure try to have them believe in Jesus.

That said, what is telling us that God did not send all distant interstellar civilizations one of his son already?

Also, this relate a bit to your previous question about caveman. The only way i could see God acting like he did (according to Christian canon) is that all along he planed to eventually use his time travel power (he is omnipotent) or he knew we would eventually discover how to time travel ourself and a "next generation" of missionaries would be send at all time location where God was unknown of his people. That would also explain why God is allowing such atrocity as we can currently see (because he know that all of this would be eventually fixable by time travel and no trace of it would persist other than in history, no one would actually have lived trough it).
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting