Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How do we ship gold-silver bars in the US Mail and insure it

How do we ship gold-silver bars in the US Mail and insure it ?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

You can ship gold or silver bars through the US Postal Service, priority mail, as you would any other item, and you would need to insure it for it's full value. If it's value is more than $25,000, it needs to be sent via registered mail; however, considering the contents, it would be advisable to send any package containing this sort of content via registered mail, and return receipt requested, so that you know it was received at it's intended destination. You can see more about the process of mailing gold bars, here:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,