FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

i want to fly a non American to the UNITED STATES from Accra

i want to fly a non American to the UNITED STATES from Accra Ghana by using this company with this email wefly247agency@consultant. com is this a scam
Category: General
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 3 years ago.

internetanswers :

This appears to be a common scam that reappears in many places and under many names. You can read about similar scams at the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Eventually the con artist will send you a cashier's check or money order and request that you deposit it the check and send back a portion of the funds. At sometime in the future - after you have sent the money - you will find that the check you deposited was fraudulent and the money will be assessed against you.

Here is the site to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Wish I had better news.

Customer:

I do not beleave this company is a scam but if I am going to send them money i just want to be sure.

internetanswers :

how did they find you and why do they want you to send them money

Customer:

what do mean by urgency: MEDIUM...level of detail:MEDIAM ?

Customer:

to start the paper work they advised that they could get all the nec. things i need like a pass port,visa,vaccination card,medical report (hiv blood test),police report and air ticket

Customer:

for the person that is coming to visit me.

internetanswers :

Have you met this person who wants to fly to the US?

Customer:

they found me through my girlfriend that lives there .

Customer:

i met her through the internet

internetanswers :

This is a scam. We see several of these a day. Typically there is no girlfriend that will show up and your money and identity will be stolen

Customer:

oh what makes you so sure? i read about this all the time also but,I dont know what to do?

internetanswers :

It is your money and your identity and your decision. The people who operate the scams are very skilled. The same fact pattern appears time and time again

Customer:

I have thought of just buying the air line tickets on line and make them refundiable if for some reason she can't come do to not being able to get a visa or the other things she needs.

Customer:

thay also said they dont any credit card info from me but i could send them $700.00 to start the paper work by sending them a western union?

Customer:

gosch darn it i dont know what to do.this is crazy.

internetanswers :

They always have an answer and an excuse. You have asked a question and I have given you my answer. It is your choice whether or not to accept my answer

Customer:

one more question by the meaning urgency:mediam is a 5050 chance and is that company on any list that made you tell me that ?

internetanswers :

the names of the companies are constantly changing -- what doesn't change is that the person is from Ghana or Nigeria and never met the person being scammed face-to-face

Customer:

thank you for helping me.take care and god bless.

internetanswers :

Good luck to you

Customer:

ill need it lol

FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience: attorney and legal researcher