Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

My coffee maker wont brew. I turn it off at night, because

My coffee maker won't brew. I turn it off at night, because light is distracting as it is in the same room I sleep. The last time I tried to use it, I did everything I usually do, but nothing came out. After trying certain things, I believe I have confused the settings, because now, the lights that usually blink to make a size choice don't blink, the light on the largest size is on, and stays that way. I have tried cleaning the "needle" , but it wasn't clogged anyway. I've tried resetting the clock, and it is now on the correct time, but the coffee maker still won't work. I never used the auto set, but could I have accidentally done something to confuse the computer?

To add to my difficulty is the fact that my computer and my coffee maker are not in the same building, so in order to try things you suggest, I will have to send someone up and down the stairs, unless I can print out your suggestions and get back to you.

Thank you for being available to help.

Helen Theis
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

I would contact the company that made the pot. It may still be under warranty. If so, then I would ask them to replace or how to fix it. I have coffee pots just stop working. If it is broken, you may be better off just buying a new one at Walmart. They seem very inexpensive. I had to get a replacement. Sometimes they just stop working. I have cleaned them out with Vinegar. Sometimes they get clogged up with hard water so you need to run some water through it with some vinegar. However, it sound like yours just stopped working.