TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to purchase Condo in my area and already have the

Customer Question

I am trying to purchase Condo in my area and already have the list of ones that FHA approved and i like to know how I can use that info to see what is for sale right now at the Condo project. An ex:Condo project is already FHA approved at: Bridgeway Pl. Condo.,35198 Lido Ave.,Hewark,Ca.94560
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Century21 handles condos in that development http://www.century21.com/real-estate/NEWARK-CA-94560/LZ94560/#t=0&pt=2 or you can call Century 21 directly. Thanks Tom

Edward J Gomes
CENTURY 21 Pride Properties
510.­579.8616 phone
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was in a program called Asociate Commiunity Action Progran (ACAP) held in Hayward,Ca. that served low income people to build assets. They offered saving for homeownership, ,small business, or education. I choose homeownership. So,I went through the whole program which was a two to one match. Just a few days before there doors were closed down they said I would have to be in a ratified contact to purchase a home and they wou;d release funds to Title Co. which they did. The problem is the Condo I was trying to purchase was not FHA appoved and now the titke co, says they money they held has to be returned to either cashqiers check or wired to anothqer escrow account they can not hold my funds because of rules & regulations. I'm on SSI and i only can hold $2,000 in any account. The funs are at least 4 times that much and now I have my annual Husing interview for sec.8 and they ask about funds. How can I protect the my funds and the agency that was holding them is no longer there, they did not give Title Co. no other instruction if something like this happened so . Can you give me any suggest????
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Do you know if they check is issued in just your name? Also check with a realtor and see if they can transfer the deposit to the realtors escrow account to hold for you until they find you a property. Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
o.k- i WILL ASK REALTOR NOW.
THANK YOU. i'LL WRITE BACK WHEN i GET ANSWER.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tom-
The new Realtor at Century 21 says ,No! They can not help until i go into new contract.
And yes, the Title Co. holding funds now says they will release fund to in a cashiers check to me or wire it to approperiate enity. They are holding funds now because past Realtor is going to be payingsome fees they were going to deduct and we are waiting on seller to sign. I don't what to do next???? I made my monthly contributions to this program to a local bank that the program used to hold all partispates monies. I have my own relationship with that bank. Would this be a pooibilkty? I don't think so because of me bing on SSI and i have to annual income report to Housing & SSi.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.

Is the money from a program to help you pay a downpayment?

--

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it is. And lener says I qualify for 3% CHADP and FHA.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The program funded by government grant through ACAP. They lost there funding and I received my funds just before they were closed down. They only required I be in raified contract. I was and that deal fell through. I can get the money fromTitle Co. in Cashiers check. But, how safe is that? Can they issue it to me than cancel it any kind of way? Can they put a stop on the funds at anytime after issue cashier check to me?
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
Hello, a cashiers check is very safe and are seldom cancelled. The only reason a company can legally stop payment on a cashiers check if is it is lost or stolen. Thanks Tom