stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Confirmation # XXXXX for a letter with

I have a Confirmation # XXXXX for a letter with a diamond necklace mailed to me from Laramie,Wy. on June 17,2011 was stamped in Cheyenne,Wy. on that date, when I received letter envelope was torn and no necklace inside perhaps necklace was lost in Cheyenne,Wy. Please help me if you can. Dewel xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxxx xx.xxxxxxxxx,xx. xxxxx Ph # XXXXX Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.
Was this item insured in any way when it was sent? Have you contacted the post office in Cheyenne, Wyoming directly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No,the letter was not insured motel clerk in Laramie,Wy. mailed it to me in reg. envelope which I asked him to mail it in a Padded envelope, evidently from the looks as if envelope was run thru a machine in Cheyenne,Wy. I do not know the number of post Office in Cheyenne, I tried but was referred to another # XXXXX who gave me the confirm.#

I would contact the main number of the USPS at 1-800-ASK-USPS to see if they have the necklace, but as it was not insured they may not be very helpful. Ask them for the phone number of the sorting office in Cheyenne or to be connected with them. I have done this in the past with mixed results when packages have become missing. If the post office is unable to help you with this you will probably need to contact the motel to inform them of what happened to see if they will compensate you in this matter and if not you may need to consider speaking with a lawyer as well. I hope that this helps you. Please let me know if you need more information.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Contact me if you feel that I did not reach that
goal! A tip is a wonderful way to say that I did a great job. If you want to
request me for future work you can write stayathomemomof2 in the front of your
question title. Thanks!