How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question

Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband owes me $7000 from the house we lived in when

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband owes me $7000 from the house we lived in when we were married. Its in the separation agreement dated 2009 but he's never paid me. How do I claim these funds?

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

The first step is to find an attorney in your State to write a letter to your ex asking him for payment plan for the funds.

Linda Roch :

The second step is to go back to Family Court where the agreement was issued in order to have the judge enforce the agreement and bring your ex back to court to make him pay.

Linda Roch :

If that does not work, you can try to sue him in small claims court but the amounts that you are able to get there are less and they may still send you back to Family Court.

Teacher Editor and 32 other General Specialists are ready to help you