Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

My ex-husband owes me $7000 from the house we lived in when

My ex-husband owes me $7000 from the house we lived in when we were married. Its in the separation agreement dated 2009 but he's never paid me. How do I claim these funds?

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

The first step is to find an attorney in your State to write a letter to your ex asking him for payment plan for the funds.

Linda Roch :

The second step is to go back to Family Court where the agreement was issued in order to have the judge enforce the agreement and bring your ex back to court to make him pay.

Linda Roch :

If that does not work, you can try to sue him in small claims court but the amounts that you are able to get there are less and they may still send you back to Family Court.