Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Is it safe to travel to Israel Tel-Aviv this year, with the

Is it safe to travel to Israel Tel-Aviv this year, with the escalation of tension between Israel and Palestinian?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

While this is always a concern when traveling to Israel, the tensions between Israel and the Palestinians are usually confined to specific areas of conflict, and typically do not affect tourists. Although there have been previous acts of terrorism in certain places that both residents and tourists gather, this is not the norm, and due to the escalation of tensions, the security on planes and in cities like Tel-Aviv, is alway very high, so that is a comfort.

If you decide to make the trip, I wish you a wonderful time and safe travel.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am traveling via Turkish airways, is this a safe airline to Tel-Aviv? Thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply and your patience. I was offline when you posted back.

I do not have any personal experience with Turkish Airways, and we would like to believe that all airlines nowadays have the best security measures in place; however, the safest airline recommended to travel to Israel is El Al, their national airline. The security is very tight on El AL and at the Tel-Aviv airport.

It seems that Turkish Airways no longer has a Customer Service Office and it is increasingly difficult to resolve issues relating to lost luggage and making changes on issued tickets. Please see the following for more information from customers who have flown this airline: http://www.eturbonews.com/19191/turkish-airlines-customer-service-ceases-operation

It does not seem to have the best reputation:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews76337.html

While it's encouraging that Turkish Airways does make the trip frequently to Tel-Aviv from various cities, if your ticket is already purchased, and you cannot change it, hopefully everything will go well.

Best regards,
Cher