Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

HOW LONG CAN I STORE HERRING PICKLED IN WINE IN A JAR IN THE

HOW LONG CAN I STORE HERRING PICKLED IN WINE IN A JAR IN THE FRIG?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

If the pickled herring is store-bought, the jar is unopened, has been refrigerated the entire time and the expiration date (best by...) on the jar has not passed, it should be alright to eat it. If there is a contact phone number of the manufacturer on the jar, call to double check.

If the jar of herring has been opened and/or the 'best by' date has passed, it should be thrown out. Also, if the herring was not store-bought, but homemade, it would not be advisable to eat it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.
***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher