Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Sub vet, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley mechanic, father of 4 beautiful girls, educated in electronics and nuclear technology.
11090168
Type Your Question Here...

Hi my name is Josette & my question is, can I put my

Hi my name is Josette  & my question is, can I put my gold pandora in a sonic cleaner as it is dirty or do I have to go to a jewellery shop every time I want it clean. My braclet & charms are all gold & some with diamonds. Sorry forgot to tell you I also have rubys on bracelet as well. Cheers Jo

Hi Jo,

the ultrasonic cleaner will not harm your bracelet.

it will do a nice job of removing dirt, dust and particulates however, they do not remove tarnish.

you may also need to use a jewelry or mild metal polish to hand rub any tarnish.

I have had best results by using the polish first, followed by the ultrasonic, then a light rubbing with a clean towel, followed by an air dry.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

H Steve

What about Rubies on gold bracelet, will it harm them in the ultrasonic

Cheers
Jo

Hi Jo,

the ultra sonic cleaner will not harm precious metals or gemstones.

you should have no problems cleaning your bracelet in the ultrasonic cleaner, rubies and all.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Steve

Your information about pandora bracelet was great, ultrasonic was unreal better than cleaners. Thanks

Cheers

Jo Shorter

thanks for the feedback Jo.

best of luck.

Steve