Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Do you have gardening experts I have two identical tomato

Customer Question

Do you have gardening experts? I have two identical tomato plants planted side-by-side. One plant is growing vigorously, the other not so much and it has a lot of yellow leaves. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Jeanie
Category: General
Expert:  John Contractor replied 5 years ago.

The problem that you are having is that one plant is over feeding while the other is getting little to none, You need to transplant one of the plants into thiner own pots and within a week or so you will see that your weaker plant is going to be much better and start to grow tomatoes,

Good Luck

Please Press The GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so i will be paid for my time, Feedback and Bonuses Are Welcomed

Thank You

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The plants are not close enough to be encroaching on the others dirt. Could I get another expert, please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
John Contractor doesn't appear to be a gardener.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jeanie. It can really be a lot of things. If you have the same soil, same water amount, same fertilizer, same plant:

It might be a genetic problem with the plant. Some are dud from time to time, they all come from seed and are not grafted.

Perhaps it's attacked at the root from a ground beetle larva.

Perhaps you have a cat that decided to delimit it's territory on that one with urine.

One may got too much fertilizer in direct contact with it's main root and burned.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting