Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have been chating on line with a lady from Malaysia. She

I have been chating on line with a lady from Malaysia. She says she has an inheritance of over a million dollars. Whe wants to get married. I have spoken with her on the phone once. Well, she kept on asking for money, more and more which did not make sense cause she had an inheritance. But she said she had to get back to usa claim it. I stopped sending her money about 900. we stopped talking. now out of the blue she calls and said whe found someone to help her. her friend is just transfered 2350 to my bank supposedly. It came from San diego. Now she wants me to take that money and send to her in nigeria so she can come home to me. She went to Nigeria to attend and testify in a trial cuz someone tried to steal her money that is the whole story. I am afraid the money that is going into my account might be unclean.. why send it to me just so i can send it to her. why not directlly to her. I do not want to get into trouble.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

You were very wise to suspect something was not right, here!

Unfortunately, the situation you describe is a common scam and it is very often run out of Nigeria, among other countries. Do not send her any money or allow any deposits into your bank account. Do not give her any personal financial information. This is called a 'Romance Scam' and you can read more about it, here:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/portal.php

It would be best for you to stop communication with this person immediately.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
oh
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Yes, this is the true story and I'm sorry if this came as a shock to you; when you lost touch with her the first time it was because you were no longer sending her money and it was a blessing in disguise. Now, when she got back in touch with you, it was only to try to get more money with a 'new' made up story.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SORRY MY FINGERS FELL OFF THE KEYS ON TO THE ENTER BAR BY ACCIDENT
WHAT IF THE MONEY IS ALREADY ON THE WAY. I WANTTO AVOIDTROUBLE
IF THAT MONEY SHOWS UP, WHAT IS BEST TO DO
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
No problem!

If she already has your bank account number, it would be best to close your account immediately. Hopefully, she does NOT have your banking information and the money she mentioned, is being sent directly to you in the mail. If you receive a check or other form of money from her, do not deposit it into your bank account or try to cash it, and report this incident to your local police who will alert the proper federal authorities.

Regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist