Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
1304720
Type Your Question Here...

I recently flew out of San Antonio airport. I was wearing

I recently flew out of San Antonio airport. I was wearing a silver cuff bracelet and the agent told me it would go through the metal detector so I removed it. I went to find it in my jewelry box and it wasn't there,then I remembered taking it off at the airport and must have left it. Do you have a lost and found dept. for items that are left in the trays. My husband boughtthis bracelet for me and I would appreciate it if you would let me know if you have it. My name isXXXXX from Kerrville. XXX-XXX-XXXX Thank you.
YES - TSA does maintain a lost and found system at each airport. I lost my wedding ring while going through airport security (which I discovered a few minutes later), and the ring had already been secured to prevent theft.

This is the contact information for the TSA Lost and Found at San Antonio airport
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

Here is additional information on lost and found at this airport (from the airport website)

If you lost or left your item at the passenger screening checkpoint, contact the TSA local administrative office,(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If you lost or left your item on the airplane, contact the airline baggage claim office.
  • American Airlines Baggage Claim Office: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • Continental Airlines Baggage Claim Office: (NNN) NNN-NNNN (800) 335-BAGS
  • Southwest Airlines Baggage Claim Office: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • Delta Airlines Baggage Claim Office: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • Northwest Airlines Baggage Claim Office: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>

If you lost or left your item in the terminal or parking facility, CALL the airport at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand leave a message. An Airport Police representative will return your call during regular business hours.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to know if the security agents at San Antonio airport have a "lost and found" dept. because I failed to pick up my bracelet after going through their security on May 15th. If you are a doctor you can't help me and I wasted $15 dollars.
Yes, TSA does have a lost and found for items that are left at the security checkpoints. This only applies to items left at checkpoints. Here is the TSA link where I obtained the information that I initially provided you regarding contact information:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/customer/editorial_1693.shtm#8

Lost and Found Contact - TSA San Antonio Airport
San Antonio International Airport - 210-507-3151