Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Sub vet, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley mechanic, father of 4 beautiful girls, educated in electronics and nuclear technology.
11090168
Type Your Question Here...

I still cannot

I still cannot get my list of contacts and some of them are in the US. Hotmail has decided I cannot prove I'm the author of my old E-mail address. We have been going to Florida for 21 winters and I would have to call these people to get their E-mail addresses. How come the hackers can get in, change my password, change my security question and I can't even get in. If I can't get my list, then I would like that E-mail account closed. I paid $38 on my credit casrd and I still don't have answers. Thank you in advance.
Alice Skemer
Category: General
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

once a hacker accesses your email account and changes the password XXXXX security question, your only option is to close the email account.

this happens frequently.....it has happened to me.

this is why it is important to have a unique password XXXXX change it often.

after you close that email account and open another, you will have to rebuild your contacts list.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Let me know how I can close my old a/c. I don't want my friends to receive e-mails like it just happened. They wanted $3,000 because I was supposely in Cyprus and my money had been stolen. Thank you

Alice Skemer

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Alice,

you need to contact your email provider and have your email account closed.

in the meantime, you should contact everyone on your email list and inform them of what happened, telling them to delete any emails from you on that account.

on your new email account, create a very unique password. use upper and lower case letters. include numbers and special characters (*, @, %, etc).

something like MyPasSwOrd$135/246 (for example)

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you - but I can't get into my old account to have it deleted. I don't know all my e-mail a/c addresses, The ones I know I will certainly get in touch with them and tell them the score. I just wish I could get my old a/c closed.

Alice Skemer

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Alice,

you will have to contact your email provider.

you will have to explain your situation and ask THEM to close your email account.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Alice,

Please accept my answer or let me know if you need more help.

Steve