FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

my family has recently imploded. My son-in-law made sexually

my family has recently imploded. My son-in-law made sexually inappropriate advances toward my younger daughter who at the time it started was around 17. She being a teenager just blew it off, telling him to stop he was gross.He had started saying off the wall things to the female membrs of the family and we would tell him to shut up. well after my daughter graduated high school she was 19 and like most thought she would fly the nest. Her older sister (12 ) years different told her to come and live with them.Well at first it was ok, my younger daughter even went to work at his body shop, ran the office.Then he started in on her at work towards the end he let the guys in the shop talk about her where she would here.Aslo he talked about my older daughter, what they did in bed how stupid she was how he married the wrong sister. My younger daughter had had it and started texting my older daughter and telling her , doug wasn't everything she thought he was. The final straw was Lindsay was in bed in her room, lights off and he came in her room thinking she was asleep and proceeded to put his hand between her breasts and down her underwear she was so freaked out she just froze and acted like she was asleep about that time the light flipped on and my older daughter said what's going on. All he said was he was shcecking on Lindsay andthey left the room. The next moringmy older daughter asked lindsay if any thinghappenendand she said no, she knew it woulf wreck Jeanines maarige. My older daught has no education, she relays on him for everything, they live in $350,000 house, she drives a hybrid, doesn't have to work, she is not going to give all of that up. Any way she believes him, hates the rest of the family now. My concern is I have two grandsons, ages 12 and 10, she will not allow me or anybody else to see them. She told my younger daughter she hated me, would come tom anybody funeral or anything else and not to ever come over to her house. It breaks my heart because I was so close to those boys, in the early years when they were having a difficult time I would clothe the boys, feed them bought them a new stove anything I could to help but now it will be two years in November since I have seen the boys. I am just wondering if their is any law in the state of oklahoma that would force them to allow visiting rights to grandparents
Category: General
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 3 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Unfortunately, if both parents choose to deny visitation to a grandparent, the court cannot award grandparent visitation over the parents' objection. The US Supreme Court held that parents "have a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the care, custody and control" of their children".

In a situation where both parents agree that they do not want a child to see the grandparents, there is little that the grandparents can legally do.

So sorry.
FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience: attorney and legal researcher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is what I was afraid of, Thank you so much. It is so sad