Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
49865320
Type Your Question Here...

How do I find a person in Ottawa. All I have is a photo

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
Can you provide some information about this person:
  • Where was the photo taken?
  • Why are you trying to find this person?
  • Are other people in the photo?
  • Was the picture taken at a public location or a private function?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
-it appears to be taken in a home in Ottawa
-text dating this person and want to check her out
-no
private
Unfortunately, you would have no way of knowing if this photograph was the actual person with whom you were communicating by text.

You could hire a private investigator to have them determine if the picture was a picture of the person wtih whom you were communicating - IF you know the REAL name and location of this person.

Realistically, this is going to be rather expensive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is not an answer at all.
I want to find out if the person I am communicating with is the actual person in photo
I will opt-out and see if any of the other experts can help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe there has to be a way a checking her out on the web
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

You can do a background check on this person and corroborate information that they given you with what you have from them to check how authentic they are being. However I have never seen background checks that include photographs.

If this is a dating situation you may want to suggest skype for some of your communication. This will tell you a lot about the way they live and a bit more about who they are and how they look, if that is your concern. Otherwise a first date would be key even if it is distant and you need to travel.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press accept as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The answer is way too general.
I want to know how to do a background check.
Is she who she says she is.
I like chatting with her but I need to know if she is as she say she is
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.
It is simple. Pick a background check company online...there are many. It costs a little but it sounds like it would bring a lot of ease to your mind. Dori
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
all I have is a photo and first name
will these companies be able to do anything with such little information
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

No you will need a last name.

Personally if you do not feel comfortable getting to the place of a last name or skype. I would stop texting or communicating...and I would question any sort of meeting.

However, if you like this level of communication then leave it at that and forget if they are telling the truth. You need to know though that it will stay that way and dont expect anymore...enjoy it as a long distance friend who you will never meet and never have any depth of relationship.

Kim D., Consultant
Experience: Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions