stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I have a 20 lb amethyst that I was wondering how to have

Hi, I have a 20 lb amethyst that I was wondering how to have appraised. Can you help if I send a picture? I also have two amethyst geodes (very large and triangular shaped) that I'd like to get appraised.
With amethyst it is all about color and size for how much it is worth. The larger and darker the purple the more that it is worth. From what I have found they are sold by the carat or the pound. Did you want to take it to an appraiser in your area to have them appraised? Let me know and I can try to locate one for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, that would be awesome if you could find someone for me. I don't have a clue where to start.

No problem. What area are you in? I will see what I can find for you. Laughing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, so sorry for the delay. I live in Round Rock Texas, which is right by Austin

Here is a link for gemologists that are located in Texas that work with appraisals, whether they do raw gems they do not note that specifically however. You can contact them. The last one on the list is actually located in Round Rock, Texas. If for some reason they are unable to assist you they may be able to direct you to someone who can. Good luck!

Please let me know if you need any more information.