Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...

I traveled to NYC last September for a wedding. I also paid

I traveled to NYC last September for a wedding. I also paid for a ticket from NYC to TN and then to my home in Sacramento. I could not go to TN after the wedding and headed home to Sacramento. I was told by Travelocity that they could not refund my $472 for the TN to SAC. trip but US Air would honor this credit voucher anytime this year.
I called US Air yesterday and gave them the codes. They said they did not match. They also said that I would have to pay $150 to do this transaction. The lady was so rude that I asked to speak to her Supervisor. The lady came back and said that I had to pay over $1000 for a round trip ticket from Sacramento to LA on July 15th. Help Can I drive out to the Sacramento airport and see if the US Air people would write out a ticket for me? What do I do? Bonnie Williamson, Folsom, CA
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to Answer your questions today.

You can drive out to the airport and purchase a ticket at the counter, but it's quite a ride from Folsom, so you may want to talk to someone who can help you before you make the trek. I wouldn't want you to drive an hour each way for nothing. If you do drive out there, try to make it a time that the airport isn't as busy. They'll be more helpful if they aren't trying to check in a lot of people for flights.

Read the voucher carefully to see if there are any restrictions or fees. You may not be able to use it during busy travel times. Then, you may want to call US Airways again and ask to talk to someone else. You're getting a customer service desk, so there should be different employees there. Try to get a supervisor on the line - they should be able to handle it for you. (NNN) NNN-NNNN This site also has the name, address, phone number, and email addresses for a couple of high-up officials who may be able to help you:

If that doesn't work, you can try to send a letter to their legal department, explaining the situation, and demanding that they reimburse you for the ticket or give you cash value for the voucher. The problem is, that will take time, and it sounds like you don't have a lot of it.

Good luck.