stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

i have a boat that is pre 1973,and does not have a

i have a boat that is pre 1973,and does not have a was given to me without a do i get a title for this boat?? it is a Foremost 14 ft aluminium boat by J.C.Penny...model 1024...serial no.20196..J.C.Penny does not have any info on mfg.
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.

What state do you want to get the boat titled in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
titled in south carolina

There are different procedures in place depending on how you got the boat. ( According to the website if you purchase a boat the seller must give you the title and if they have lost it they must get a duplicate before they can sell it. I am assuming the same is true if you were given the boat. Although because of the year it might have been a previously exempted boat that you will now have to title. ( The problem with that is it requires a tracing of the HIN. The website also mentions that it could have a serial number so since you have the serial number they may accept that instead of the HIN. ( Since this is an unique case they do mention how you can contact them for more information at the Boater Registration Office at(NNN) NNN-NNNN That is probably the best way for you to take this matter.

Please let me know if you need any more information.