stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

I live in the states but want to book a flight toNaples from

I live in the states but want to book a flight toNaples from Heathrow. I want to pay with my British credit card but online will not accept either the charge or debit. How can I book and pay with pounds
What exactly did it say when it told you that it would not accept your debit or credit card?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Expert,

When I fill in all the card details , the last line is the problem where it asks for a billing address. When I put in my USA address it will not accept, when I enter my house address in UK it will not accept it. Is telephoning my best option? If it is, can you please give me the number for booking flights in UK. Remember it must not start with a 0. That too will not work! I appreciate your help

June Arcamone e-mail [email protected]

I see. After looking at their website I thought that maybe it was because of the security code because it mentions that on the FAQs. You are right, it probably would be best for you to contact them by phone to reserve to make sure that you get the price in pounds rather than dollars. Now the only phone number they have on the UK site is a number that starts with 0 (0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN, but you can try to speak with the US side and explain this issue to them the phone number is XXXXX

Please let me know if you need more information. I hope they are able to help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will try US airways phone. One other thought occured to me. Could my bank help. I'm with HSBC in Weybridge. When the "error' comes up it says my bank needs more information. Is it really the bank or BA?

I'll let you know how I get on with US BA.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well imagine my joy when I found someone to help me.

I went to Executive club number and the person there put me through to UK customer service. I told her what I wanted and she booked the flights and my card went through.

So I really solved this myself. Do you think you should be paid for your contribution?

June Arcamone

I am glad you were able to get this taken care of. That is completely up to you. Have a lovely day.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can we agree that 20pounds would be an accepable amount for you? I hope so. I think that sounds fair. How can we arrange that?

Honestly I am not sure about that. If you would like to find out just contact customer service at They can let you know about that. Have a lovely evening.