Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

It is often said that America did not win the Revolution but

It is often said that America did not win the Revolution but rather that the British lost it. Do you feel this is an accurate assessment of the conflict? Do you believe Washington's generalship contributed or hampered the outcome of the conflict? Why or Why not?
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

Andy4712 :

Yes. I think there is some truth to that statement. It is difficult for a country to conduct a war over seas in a foreign country. For example, you can use the US and its wars in Afghanistan. The locals know the country and conventional warfare does not work very well. I think Washington did make some key decisions. I watched a show on some of the battles in Boston. Washington hauled a bunch of cannons in winter to the top of a hill in Boston. He could hit the British ships in the harbor from the high ground. However, the British cannons could not hit the top of the hill. That was an example of Washington's generalship.

Okay so why do you think that the British lost?

Andy4712 :

I think they lost because they were over extended and could not possess all the territory because it cost way to much money.