Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

A fellow employee illegally stole a list of personnel information

A fellow employee illegally stole a list of personnel information from my companys' computer. I am now getting anti union mail. The company refuses to prosecute. What are my options other tan filing a civil law suit
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

Andy4712 :

As it is the company's information, the company would have standing to sue or prosecute. You may not have standing to sue or prosecute. What are your damages? Did the employee steal your information? Why are you getting anti-union mail?

My company was bought out. There are two different unions and two different work contracts. The purchasing company had the smaller union. The smaller union is attempting to force their contract on my union (the larger union). As long as the unions are fighting no new joint contract can be signed which benefits the comapny (neither union gets a joint contract with a desire pay raise). My union (the larger union) thinks the company allowed or not punishing the guilty people to help keep the fight going between the unions

Yes. They stole my information in additiion to three thousand other peoples' information.