stayathomemomof2
stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
56648325
Type Your Question Here...

My son has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. I pray

My son has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. I pray daily and ask the Lord to heal him, to make the cancerous tumors go away. Sometimes I feel so encouraged and I believe that the Lord is going to heal him. Other times I think about others that prayed for healing ( more specifically a young pastor) and they weren't healed. I also thing about the fact that my son has always been a nice person and tried to do the right thing. Then I look at those around us who have done many bad things and some don't even believe in God and they are healthy and living a good healthy life.
Please help me. I know that the Lord can do all things and sometimes He does things to strenghthen us. How can I remain positive or tell me how to dispell the negative thoughts when they come.
Thank you.

Fannie
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 3 years ago.
I am so sorry to hear that. I think one of the best ways to stay positive is to get involved with a support group. Being around others that have been or are in the same place as you can let you know that you are not alone in this. Another thing that you can do is to try to find something that helps to get your mind off of it for just a moment. Giving yourself a break from it so when you are back facing his condition you are fresh. When you start thinking negatively try to break that train of thought and try to make your thoughts go to a happy memory or imagine yourself in a place that makes you smile. It can be hard to do with such grim thoughts to occupy yourself with, but making the effort will help. Bless you and yours.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like for you to give me scriptures regarding my question. Please read my question again and answer with verses from the bible. Verses that will encourage me and answer my question. I need this for continued strength..

Thank you.

I hope that you find these uplifting in your time of duress.

And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not
grow weary. Galatians 6:9

Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your
God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Deuteronomy
31:6

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your
God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you
with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,
in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:7

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you
are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
Psalm 59:16

stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience: As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can we rationalize with ourselves why some people are healed and some are not? Especially those who try to live right and haven't hurt anyone?
I think that these are questions that everyone of faith struggle with when they are in the kind of situation you are in. I also think in some cases these are the questions that cause some people to lose their faith. When a young boy died in my apartment complex when I was a teen I asked similar questions to my priest. His response was that God works in mysterious ways and that we really can't understand why he chooses to do what he does. Just that we have to have faith in his plan. I am not finding a quote that I find appropriate to share with you based on your questions. Please let me know if you would like me to opt out in case another expert has any to help you.