Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...

my friend is offended when her doctor uses the title Ms. My

my friend is offended when her doctor uses the title Ms. My friend is married and being so offended she has stopped her medical drug warfirin used for her heart condition and will no longer recieve her pension.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 5 years ago.

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

This is a sad turn of events but Ms. is used as a neutral title as it refers to both people who are married and not married. Doctors see a lot of patients and may not know or remember whether they are married so the doctor is probably using Ms. because she doesn't want to offend your friend.

Linda Roch :

You may want to explain this to your friend as it is probably not a personal attack and your friend should probably take the advice of her doctor where medicine is concerned.

Thankyou Ithat is correct I agree on what you said .I didn't have time to discuss this with her last night as she was in a hurry. I believe myself she lacks information of this.I think she said her Doctor wont change the title to Mrs why I dont know.Iwill see her on Saturday.Idont think she should sacrifice her health life and family for a title Thanks for your help I'll get in touch if i have any more questions to ask.