stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

We have two large portraits in oil by artist Remo Capone.

We have two large portraits in oil by artist Remo Capone. Would like to value them for insurance purposes and gain more information on the artist. These were purchased at an estate sale by a relative who left them to us, instructing that they remain in the family.
[I don't know if that's binding... the paintings are not "my thing" as I prefer landscapes and animals in natural settings.] I need to send the photos of these to an expert in American painters of the 20th century.
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.

Remo Capone was an American artist born in 1927 who used oil as his painting medium. I did find a few of his paintings that are/were up for auction - and From these auction pages it seems that the frames may be worth more than the paintings themselves, but of course each painting is going to have a different value. You probably would benefit from talking with an expert either at a museum, university, or appraiser to find out exactly how much your paintings are worth along finding out more about the frames. A lawyer would be able to tell you how binding the instructions in the will are.

Please let me know if you need any more information.