Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I just bought a Sentry safe only have keys no combination

I just bought a Sentry safe at an auction yesterday and I have the keys, but they didn't give me any combination or code, so how do I open the safe? Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX and the # XXXXX the sticker by the handle is M210802514

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Because you don't have the combination to the safe, and only the keys, you will need to contact the manufacturer to obtain the combination and/or learn how to reset the present one, after proving ownership of the safe, by submitting a notarized letter. (scroll down to "Lost your combo?")

If you experience any problem clicking on the links above, please just copy and paste the web address into your browser.

Here is the phone number and fax number for Sentry:
US and Canada Customer Service Center: 800-828-1438 • Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to get the safe open without too much difficulty!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I already knew that so it charged me $15.00 to tell me something I already knew? And I still can't get into my safe and now I am $15.00 more dollars down. So any answer that would help me would be appreciated!
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

You said, under 'Already Tried' in your original question: "Tried putting new batteries in the safe and using the key, and tried to open the door, but it isn't working and I don't know of any code to enter so I don't know what to do now."

You did not mention that you already knew the phone number/contact info for the safe's manufacturer, nor the company's procedure to recover a lost combination, so I thought you would find that information helpful, since it's the only way to find out or reset the combination.

You are never obligated to accept any answer you did not find helpful and always have the option to request a refund. You are not 'charged' anything, until or unless you click 'Accept', releasing your deposited funds.

I wish you much good luck with your safe!