stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...

The local Joanne fabric store has the Sapphire on sale. I

The local Joanne fabric store has the Sapphire on sale. I have been reading a lot of negative comments about it. I like the idea of a wider area to sew quilted fabrics which is why I am looking at the machine. I have sewn on the Emerald for years and loved them. (Retired Home Ec. Teacher). Would you recommend the top Emerald model or the Sapphire? I will be sewing on quilted fabrics and 2 layers of quilted fabrics on many projects.

Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.
Personally I think I would opt for the Emerald, but in the end the decision is up to you. Especially since you have had great results with other Emeralds. I would make a list of pros and cons for each with things like price and reviews. I also found quite a few reviews that were negative about the machine as well. If you do decide on the Sapphire one thing that you can do is talk with Joann's about their return policy on it. I looked at the webpage that has their return policy and I think you should be able to return it if you are not satisfied, but I would double check before making your final decision if you are hinging it on being able to return it. Here is the page for you to look over if you would like -