Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...

Hyundai Elantra GLS I just signed the papper work for a new

I just signed the papper work for a new car purchase last night. Me and my husband we at the dealer till almost 1am. Now after getting some sleep what sounded like a good idea at midnight does not seem so good. Am I able to request that the dealer cancel the deal?
Category: General
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Unfortunately there is not a right of rescission on vehicle purchases. Therefore, absent language to the contrary in the contract or deposit statement, you would not have a right to rescind nor renegotiate the contract. This is true even if you had not taken possession of the vehicle.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.