Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have a bunch of felt pens (highlighters, etc) that have dried

I have a bunch of felt pens (highlighters, etc) that have dried out. is there anyway of revitalizing them? Use water? Lighter fluid? ethanol?
HiCustomer and welcome back to Just Answer.

I would not use any flammable liquid like lighter fluid or ethanol to revitalize your felt tip pens, but plain water will do nicely.

Fill a small cup with water and dip the tip of the pen into the water for a few seconds. Remove the pen and put the cap on. Stand the pen, cap side down, in a vertical position in a pen holder or dry, narrow cup, just to keep it upright, overnight. The pen should have some renewed life/color after this procedure, however, please keep in mind that the water may have diluted/lightened the color somewhat, so the intensity will not be as strong.

You can also use the following method, by removing (if you are able) the entire felt 'rod' containing the colored ink:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,