Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
Type Your Question Here...

How much is my Baldwain Upright Model 5034 worth. Perfect condition.

How much is my Baldwain Upright Model 5034 worth. Perfect condition. Very lightly used.

The value of these traditional Baldwin uprights is well documented and fairly significant due to the high quality of the company. These traditional 45" uprights that are no longer made have a value in the range of 3700.00 in "perfect" condition as you describe.

The fact that it is very lightly used enhances the value greatly and may allow you to raise the value another 100.00 depending on the venue of sale.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press accept as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We live in Chico, California (a community in rural Northern California). Would the piano have more value if sold in the Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington area?

Yes. Only because the market is bigger so you would have more people to choose from and market it to...price of moving the piece is also part of the consideration though.

It would all have to be taken into account in the final price. I would be very flexible about a range that you expect and actually, I would put it up for sale in both areas. Craig's list maybe a good way to go..or talk to a music stores in the area...

If someone in your region would like a nice may actually do never know. It doesn't hurt to put it out there in a few places. :)