stayathomemomof2
stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
56648325
Type Your Question Here...

I have a dragon fly pen that is gold, enamel and diamonds.

I have a dragon fly pen that is gold, enamel and diamonds. It has a makers mark of Carpi on the back. Could it be valuable?
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.

As long as the gold and diamonds are real this will be valuable as the price of gold is so high. It is possible that it is worth more than what the individual materials are worth though. Is the maker's mark Carpi or is it possibly Capri? I had no luck finding information on a mark that is Carpi. Capri Jewelry in New York, New York was in business from 1952 and 1977. This website has some information and a picture to see if it matches - http://www.morninggloryjewelry.com/jc/JewelChatMarks.html. A great way to get this appraised is to take it to a jewelry appraiser, jewelry store, auction house, pawn store, expert collector, or an antique dealer. They will have a better idea of what this piece is worth. Do not be shy about getting a second opinion either. This can help to cement the worth of the piece if you are interested in selling it.