General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

I HAVE A WINCHESTER REPEATING RIFLE MODEL 12-12GA-2 3/4 CHAM,

Customer Question

I HAVE A WINCHESTER REPEATING RIFLE MODEL 12-12GA-2 3/4 CHAM, IT IS AT LEAST 40 YEARS OLD AND I WAS WONDERING 1) APPROXIMATELY HOW MUCH IT WAS WORTH ( IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND 2) HOW CAN i FIND THE YEAR OF MANUFACTURE.
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 5 years ago.

Do you have the serial number of the rifle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNNIS THE NUMBER ON THE RIFLE, I AM ASSUMING THIS IS THE SERIAL NUMBER SINCE I CANNOT FIND ANY OTHER NUMBERS.

THANKS - BETTY

Thank you!

Your model gun was manufactured in 1954 based upon the serial number provided.

I will continue to do some research to get a ballpark value of the gun. Of course, there are many different factors that contribute to value and an appraisal is the most accurate assessment.

General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience: General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. QUESTION? WHO WOULD I GO TO ABOUT 2 WW11 KNIVES I HAVE WHICH ARE GERMAN AND WHAT IS PURPORTED TO BE 2 KYBER SOLDIER SPEARS? THANKS AGAIN
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 5 years ago.
In regards to your first question about the worth of your gun there are guides available online where you can purchase that information, such as Blue Book, but in many cases this will only give you a starting point on what your particular gun is worth based on condition and so on. You can try to visit a gun store in your area where they can help you to appraise the item, your local library may have access to either print Blue Book or the online version without cost to you, a gun show may offer an option for you to get it appraised as well, and finally you can try to visit your local pawn shop as they should have the resources available to help you locate a price. Using these options can also help you with finding out how authentic your knives and the spears are and what they may be worth as well.