Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

My sisters drivers license expired in 4-22-09. To renew her

My sister's drivers license expired in 4-22-09. To renew her license, does she need to take a drivers test and written test? She now lives in Israel, but is a US citizen, can she use her Israeli address?
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.
It depends upon the state where your sister held her driver's license. Some states have a grace period where you can get the license renewed. In what state was the license issued? If you provide the state, then I can probably provide a better answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

This link indicates that she would need to pay a $15 late fee and renew in person with documents:

It also says you should contact your local DMV office. Here is the DMV guide and some additional information:

As your sister is out of the country and unable to renew in person, I would call the Florida DMV, explain the situation and see if there is another way to renew her license. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply and I will provide additional information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My sister will be here, in Boca Raton, FL, this July, so she can renew in person. She has her expired drivers license and a passport. What, if any, additional documents will she need? Will she have to take a written or driving test? Will we be able to make an appointment in your Deerfield Beach office, on Hillsboro Blvd? Thank-you in advance for your help!

Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

The above mentioned link provides:

FL Expired License Renewals (More Than 12 Months)

Those in this situation must renew their driver license in person at a local drivers license renewal office. Bring your expired license, birth certificate or passport, and a cash or check to pay the renewal fee plus a $15 late fee. Some situations may require more documentation, so it's best to call the office before leaving home to make sure you have all the necessary identification.

I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.