Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

does the stamp on jewelery have to say 14kt or 14k

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer and welcome back to Just Answer!

Jewelry that is 14 karat gold may say either 14k or 14kt; both stamps indicate 14 karat gold.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.
I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!
Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can it be fake and have the stamp of 14k or only if it is real
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again and thanks very much for your accept and your reply.

Also, thanks for your patience; I just received notification of your reply.

Only if it is real, will it contain the stamp of 14k; however, unfortunately, nowadays with so many 'fakes' in jewelry, it's always possible that some unscrupulous people have figured out how to stamp non-14k gold with such a stamp. If you have doubts, ask a jeweler to look at it through a jeweler's 'loop' (special magnifying glass for jewelry) and also test the gold to confirm that it is, indeed, real 14k gold.

I think you'll find this interesting: http://mygoldenvelope.com/Land/D1/real.asp

Regards,
Cher