Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
1304720
Type Your Question Here...

I started college in 1999. Last time i was in college was

I started college in 1999. Last time i was in college was 05. After starting on dialysis and dr visit i dont hjave time for school. I have one more class (minor class) before I can graduate. Since 1999 I been sick with Lupus. I always had to drop out of my classes and one time it was bad that i had to rquest a medical withdrawl My concentration in school was bad since i was always sleepy and tired. I had major in managment and fiance. I was wondering if i can just forget about it all and start all over and begin with a new major or do i need finish this? Thing is i dont remember much of anything about my major.
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
You could indeed "start over", however if you only have a single class to finish your degree, it may be best to finish the degree first. You can always go back and get a second degree in a different field of study.

You may want to look at one of these schools that will accept transfer credits, grant credit for prior learning (things you learned from work/life/training), and will accept credits from multiple different sources, and you can design a major that fits your personal needs and experience/previous education.

Thomas Edison State College
Charter Oak State College
Excelsior College

In the distance education world, these are often referred to as "The Big Three".